Building Information Modeling
Building together more effectively – by means of digitisation.
BIM is a method of constructing and operating buildings applying smart digital tools. The concept directs all technical and administrative activities towards a continuous and integrated value-added process. A virtual representation of the building is the centrepiece of the method. Here, all data from the planning and execution phase as well as the facility management are being collected and connected with each other. In more simple terms: BIM is the new, common language of everyone involved in the creation and operation of a building – and a milestone on the way to improved effectiveness, quality, transparency and flexibility.
As a manufacturer of highly customisable system products, Lindner offers a wide range of parametric BIM objects for free download. Any planner can implement these smart objects of floor and ceiling systems directly into the building model and parameterise them as needed within their respective limits of manufacturing options.
BIM Benefits for Planners and Architects
- Detailed visualisation of project demands
- Quick simulation and feasibility checks during planning and execution
- Direct monitoring of quality, budget and schedule
- Early detection of possible collision points and, if necessary, effective elimination of flaws
- Complete documentation of all executed tasks ready for a smooth handover
BIM Benefits for Builders
- Eased coordination of contractors through shared data
- Accurate pre-planning of all related processes
- Comfortable target/performance analysis in every phase, maybe updated daily
- Billing based on executed works visualised in the building model
- Intelligent documentation of design and technical features of the building in detail for marketing and maintenance purposes