|Description: || |
The radio station of Deutschlandradio Berlin has marked the appearance of Hans-Rosenthal-Platz since the late 1930´s. The architect Walter Borchard erected it initially as an administration branch of Bayerische Stickstoffwerke AG. In the post-war time, the building was first used as a broadcasting facility by the Rundfunk im Amerikanischen Sektor (RIAS). It has been used by Deutschlandradio Kultur since 1994.
A modernisation project was carried out to redevelop the existing infrastructure, including room layout, studio facilities and building services. Prior to the interior fit-out works, Lindner Schadstoffsanierung was contracted with the gutting and the comprehensive clearance of harmful substances in the areas which were to be modernized. After that, Lindner AG was responsible for the fit-out of the levels 2 and 4. These areas are characterised by editorial departments and broadcasting studios. Particular attention was given to the optimisation of room acoustics, which was supported through a number of products and solutions. At the same time, glazings and Lindner Glass Partitions maintain a pleasant level of transparency in the areas. For temperature control, the baffle ceiling system Plafotherm® Z 940 Types 1 und 2 have been installed throughout almost all areas.