|Description: || |
Since 1909, the College of Design uses a school building designed by architect Martin Elsässer as its headquarters. During preparations for the 100th anniversary it was discovered that the historic building had considerable deficiencies. As a result, the planning for a complete rehabilitation of the College was put into motion. The execution of this endeavour has taken up five years and brought improvements especially in regard of fire protection and statics, but also in the general modernisation of the building.
The classrooms of the College are as diverse as its course portfolio, even though they all share high-quality equipment. Classrooms that house EDP-oriented courses feature large amounts of technical installations. Lindner hollow floors and raised floors have been installed to veil these installations in the floor void while offering easy maintenance and high flexibility for restructuring. Apart from the classrooms, the flooring systems have also been installed in hallways, administration areas and the hall of the College. Furthermore, Lindner glass partitions have been installed in the administration areas.