|Description: || |
The Hessian State Museum was opened in 1913 on the occasion of the 1000-year anniversary of the city Kassel. It was closed for renovation from 2008 to 2016. With the successful renovation, the museum now offers three floors with an exhibition area of about 3,800 sqm and over 6000 exhibits from collections on prehistory and early history, applied art and folklore.
Lindner Objektdesign took part in the renovation with the construction of display cases for the exhibition area on the second floor, which houses the exhibition "Treasury Chamber of History - From the Middle Age to the 19th Century". The scope of works included free-standing display cases, top-mounted cases as well as built-in cabinets with wall claddings, bases and pedestals for the exhibits. The cases' filigree construction is noteworthy, both at the connection between the brass-plated and burnished steel profiles and the composite safety glass as well as between glass-to-glass combinations.