|Description: || |
The history of the Palais Barberini reaches back until the end of the 18th century, where its facade was constructed according to Roman example. Initially used as a residential building, an extension that took place from 1845-49 paved the way for cultural events and institutions. In World War II the building was massively damaged, leading to its deconstruction shortly after the war. Then, in 2013, the works for the building´s reconstruction began. Using traditional craftmanship both in the interior and exterior, the new construction was built as close as possible to the original. The building now houses a Museum. During the construction, site supervision was carried out by DGI Bauwerk, Berlin, while the project management was conducted by convis, Berlin.
Lindner acted as a general contractor, responsible for all interior fit-out works without building services. The works included a lot of traditional craftmanship which was necessary for creating a venerable appearance. In this connection, the foyer and its rabitz ceiling have been constructed by the example of the old architecture in manual labour. At the same time, the entirety of construction traffic had to be funneled through the foyer, which required a custom scaffold construction for the rabitz works. Furthermore, the foyer was fitted with FLOOR and more® comfort hollow floors that use their integrated heating function to create a cozy temperature while also complementing the room appearance with their terazzo coating. The exhibition areas feature high-quality dry construction systems with numerous custom solutions, as well as parquet floors that meet the Museum´s demands as FLOOR and more® power hollow floor systems. The stairways are partially plastered in noble Stucco lustro. For comprehensive protection against fire, fire protection doors have been fitted as a custom steel construction.