Air Conditioning Technology for Hospitals – Lindner Heated and Chilled Ceilings
Lindner Plafotherm® Heated and Chilled Ceilings offer a triad of comfort, energy efficiency and hygiene in patient rooms and public hospital areas. Combined with ventilation elements, they ensure an ideal room climate in medical facilities such as clinics, medical centres and rehabilitation centres.
Until 10 years ago, insufficiently hygienically installed and maintained air conditioning led to the so-called "Sick Building Syndrome". Therefore, various guidelines and technical regulations for the planning, construction and operation of air-conditioning systems in buildings and rooms of the healthcare sector exist today:
- Guideline VDI 6022: Hygienic standards for ventilation and air conditioning systems
- DIN 1946-4: Ventilation and air conditioning (Ventilation in buildings and rooms of health care)
- RKI guideline for infection and hospital hygiene: Recommendations of the Kommission für Krankenhaushygiene und Infektionsprävention (KRINKO) with regard to § 23 para. 1 Infektionsschutzgesetz (IfSG)
- Krankenhaushygienische Leitlinien (Hospital hygiene guidelines of Deutsche Gesellschaft für Krankenhaushygiene e. V.)
With so-called Gentle Air-Conditioning Technology, the hygiene factor is complimented by the factors of comfort and energy efficiency – for the well-being of patients and staff as well as for the protection of the building structure and for lower operating costs.
Efficient Building Technology
With Plafotherm® Heated and Chilled Ceilings, Lindner offers the right solution for patient rooms, common rooms and administrative areas in the healthcare sector: Tempered water is flowing through the ceilings elements in order to cool or heat with the aid of natural radiant heat exchange. This creates a noiseless, pleasant and comfortable room temperature control. In combination with ventilation elements, homogeneous air distribution without air or dust turbulence is ensured. By supplying fresh air and discharging polluted room air, viruses are reduced in concentration – allergy-friendly and hygienic.
The coatings used for Lindner metal ceilings are successfully tested for the parameters chemical and biological resistance. Plasterboard ceilings with silicate paint are just as easy to clean and therefore ideally suitable for the use in hospitals, too.
In addition, Lindner offers complete solutions for operating theatres, laboratories, clean rooms and intensive care units: The portfolio ranges from automatic or manual sliding doors and recessed luminaires to cleanroom partition walls and ceilings, room ventilation technology, radiation, fire protection and sound insulation.
Advantages of "Gentle Air Conditioning" with Plafotherm® Heated and Chilled Ceilings:
- Comfortable room climate thanks to natural radiant heat exchange
- Noiseless and low-conviction room temperature control
- Low air velocity and turbulence
- High proportion of radiation and uniform temperature control
- Fast reaction times
- Lighting and air-conditioning technology from a single source
Cost & Energy Efficiency
- Maintenance-free room temperature control
- Optimum efficiency: temperature can be set lower thanks to perceived radiant heat
- Savings in energy transport due to water as heat transfer medium (instead of air)
- Reduced virus concentration in the room
- Hygienic and easy-to-clean surfaces
- Homogeneous air distribution prevents air and dust turbulence
- No maintenance of hygienically sensitive parts such as filters
Find more on this here: https://www.lindner-group.com/en/fit-out-products/heated-and-chilled-ceilings/