The Kaufmannshaus is located in a prominent site in the heart of Hamburg, between the Jungfernsteg, the town hall and Neuer Wall. Built in 1905 as Hamburg Kontorhaus, today it continues the tradition as a modern trading house: on six floors and a good 23,000 m2 of space, there are various shopping facilities as well as office space for renowned companies, law firms and medical practices. In the course of time, numerous renovation and conversion measures were carried out. In the process, the classic Hanseatic architecture with a light clinker brick façade was retained and supplemented with multi-storey glass elements and a generous promenade. Furthermore, the interior was repeatedly modernised and new tenant improvements were made.
At the beginning of 2022, Lindner SE, together with Pinck TGA-Planung and Kamleitner-Canales Entwurfs-Planung, was commissioned with a comprehensive redesign of approx. 1,800 m² on the first floor. In addition to very high aesthetic standards, the focus was on a future-oriented, sustainable overall concept for the new office space. This is reflected in the technical equipment as well as in the choice of materials, such as real wood parquet and wall cladding made of oak or the special metal finish on partition walls, counters with natural stone cladding as well as the elaborate trowelling technique for walls and floors.
Individual meeting rooms and retreats were separated with the Lindner Life Pure glass partition and matching glass or wooden doors. Moreover, louvred ceilings made of perforated lightweight panels with integrated light strips ensure better acoustics and optimal light in the open areas. Lindner was not only responsible for the delivery and installation of fit-out systems in the Kaufmannshaus, but was also a partner for the entire tenant fit-out process from start to finish, and in parts for the implementation planning of the extension.